Melissa left Lucy and Daddy home while she headed North for Auntie Kelly's Bachelorette Party. Our day began with a 6 am wake-up call, a breakfast of champions (pancakes slathered in butter and cinnamon sugar) followed by 4 solid hours of pajama time. When I finally got Lucy dressed, things got a little mixed up and we ended up recreating a scene from
Almost Famous.
As you can see, she was getting a little cranky so we had an early lunch and put her down for her nap. After the nap, even I was feeling a little cooped up so we headed out for a walk and Uncle John and Mike K. pulled up to for a rare visit.

Lucy was slow to warm up, but she always comes around.

Lucy and I walked down to the UVillage
where Lucy got busy making friends (she likes cutting people off, but I dare you to walk by that face) ,

chasing birds,

and mooing at the bronze cow.


I think she's finally coming around on wearing the hat, but the mittens remain safely tucked up her sleeves. The very sight of them causes her to throw a fit. This is Ravenna Bridge, I needed the rest.

After we got back, Lucy watched Aladdin while Daddy sat on the couch and remembered why he loves Mommy. I fired up some dinner for Lucy in the oven, Lucy started snacking and didn't look like she was going to be able to stop, so she got a bite of my leftover America's Test Kitchen meatloaf,
then another,

then her own slice,

And then dinner began.

Lucy loves her bath, and her mom.

She's not so sure about the towel,
but she loves pre-diaper crib time,

And she loves her blanket.

After Lucy and I got into our pajamas, Daddy flung his socks into the kitchen (Mommy still isn't home at this point) and Lucy decided she was going to try them on.

Daddy can only hope that he wore her out enough to sleep though the night.

THE END
1 comment:
This is a great post. Daddy Poort needs to make more of these! :)
Post a Comment