January 25, 2009

Lucy and Daddy Holdin' Down the Fort

Melissa took a much needed girls weekend to Portland and unleashed Lucy and her dad on the world again. I can't tell you how nice it is to have family close by. As much as I'd like to think that I could entertain a two year old for 72 hours, I opted instead to enlist some help from Joia, Bailey, Lola, Matt, John, Kelly, Mason (Kelly's Niece), and Cooper the dog.

The Capitol Hill greek restaurant Vios opened another location on our street and Lucy and Daddy had Bailey, Lola and Joia over on Friday night. Now if we could just add a prince to this equation... (not that I don't love having dinner with four women)
This shot was taken seconds before Lola starts beating the girls over the head with a plastic toy golf bag...
Lucy and Bailey read the Dummies Guide to Princessing...
Costume change! I don't remember Cinderella in a tube top or Sleeping beauty in a sheer skirt, but they don't look like they are concerned with historical accuracy...
A little fake dinner before dinner...
Frances Lola wears her bling in her eye sockets...
The phrase "marches to the beat of her own drum" comes to mind...
The girls find the stash of dolls....
...and put them all down for a nap.

1 comment:

Kirkland France Trip 2009 said...

I'm cracking up over here. Where do you come up with this stuff? Yes, you're right, Lola does march to her own drum. I also am a witness to the disgraceful "Cinderella" and "Briar Rose" outfits. No tube tops or shear skirts on those original ladies.