With dozens of amazing memories from our trip to Maui and 500 pictures to prove it, how do I go about posting a blog without boring myself and everyone else in the process? I think I will highlight some my favorite moments in paradise...
1. Heidi & Mike's Wedding
The reason we ventured to Maui was to be a part of Heidi's wedding - Heidi has been my good friend for 17+ years through high school, college, and now working together at Starbucks. You couldn't ask for a more picturesque locale or a more gorgeous bride.

Adam had the fun task of getting the kids ready and keeping them entertained while I was at the wedding site taking pictures before the ceremony. Here are some cute ones he snapped...
2. Playin' at the Beach
Not surprisingly, Lucy LOVED swimming in the ocean and diving in the waves with daddy (after she quickly she got over her fear of sharks in the "sea"). Owen...well, he dipped his toe in every once in a while and ultimately decided that he preferred to stay on the beach.
The kids loved the pool too! There was a waterslide, a lazy river, and a wading pool with beach area...
3. Meeting new friends
Lucy and Owen instantly bonded with the other kids from the wedding party - Emily & Maci (Heidi's cousin's daughters) and Jewel & Ruby (Heidi's college friend's daughters). Owen was the only boy in the mix and he reveled in his role as the chasing monster. Jewel (3 yrs, with the curly hair hair below) was so impressed with Lucy that she even decided to change her name to Lucy!
Adam and I had a good time getting to know the other members of the wedding party...whether it was hanging out at the pool, partying at the meet & greet, relaxing getting our nails done, or wining & dining at the rehearsal dinner. What a fun group!
4. Eating our way through Maui!
The kitchen in our condo definitely came in handy for breakfast and lunch with the kids. But, we still managed to eat plenty of great local and resort fare...shave ice, ahi and yellowtail sashimi (okay, that was just me), grilled mahi mahi, mangoes & papaya, and Maui Tacos for Adam!
| We still made sure to stop at Starbucks for our coffee and cake pops! |
5. The Tsunami
It's hard to feel relieved after all of the devastation in Japan, but I will say we were very thankful that we were all safe when the tsunami hit Hawaii. Evacuation alarms and announcements filled the hotel every hour all night, but we were high enough that we didn't have to leave our room. And the kids slept right through it. The next day was pretty much back to normal on the Kaanapali side of Maui (except for the shock of seeing a resting seal on the beach right outside our hotel - see below)...
And last, but not least...
6. Family Time
Okay, this might be a catch-all category to post the rest of my cute pics. But, it was truly my favorite part of the vacation. Just spending quality time with Adam and the kids.
ALOHA!

4 comments:
Hurray! A new post! What a wonderful family vacation...
I love your Hawaii pics and jealous you made it to Sensei Sushi! Oh, and also love that your mom and I are always the ones leaving comments. :)
I leave them too! :) Love the pictures! Makes me sad our last trip there was with you...when Lola was 6 months old. Ready to go back?
I could look at your Maui pics over and over - it just looks like you had the best time and enjoyed every moment in the sun as a family!!
Post a Comment