Mommy went to Sacramento for business and left Lucy and I to fend for ourselves for a couple of days. Melissa was even kind enough to send me with her to the doctor for her 2 year checkup. Is it normal to be holding down your childs arms and legs while the nurse is stabbing her in the thighs with a needle? Her stats: 32.5 lbs (90%) 36.5 inches (95%).

Our itinerary for the week...

My wife really thinks I'm helpless...

John and Kelly's newest addition,
Anderson Cooper. She's a rescued dog with traces of Australian shepherd. Very well-behaved, but Lucy and her have a touch and go relationship. If Cooper touches Lucy, Lucy goes beserk.

Lucy playing with Coopers toys, tempting fate from the safety of her father's lap.

John, Adam and the Girls...

Lucy wanted to find out what sort of delicious beverage Cooper was just slurping up. Don't worry, I put the camera down long enough to prevent actual bowl licking.

It's Daddy's mission in life to get Lucy to try new things; pet a dog, sleep/live without a binky, eat broccoli, or wear a hat...

She wore it just long enough to get a couple shots...

Daddy stayed to the script as much as possible but Lucy loves a costume change or three...
Her favorite dress, complete with Chuck Taylors and sweats...

"Where's Mommy?"

French fries and rain boots...

So Daddy took Lucy to the park, and then decided to get coffee. I needed to get Lucy something and saw that Egg Nog was now available and decided that she should get her first taste from her dad, full strength and cold. The barista put a straw in the cup and then covered the straw with whip cream and sprinkles. Fast forward back to the park, Lucy is smiling, laughing, and screaming "coffee, coffee!" over and over again with a death grip on her little coffee cup. I explained to a few of the parents that I gave her egg nog for the first time and called it coffee.

The End
No comments:
Post a Comment